South Dade Educational Center
With the quality curriculum and persistence of auto body instructor Bill Derr, the auto body program at Homestead Job Corps has performed extraordinarily well.
Recent Student Achievements
10 students passed ASE Student Test B3 this past year
4 recent graduates working in field in Miami, Orlando, and Tampa
2 recent graduates qualified and were accepted into the United Auto Workers / Toyota sponsored Advanced Automotive Training Program in Clearfield, Utah
2013 The South Dade Educational Center Program Earned Official NATEF Accreditation
Congratulations To Instructor Bill Derr and his committment to the program's success
With the New NATEF Approved Shop Environment
Miami Lakes Educational Center
The auto body Instructor Team Of Jose Villadiego and David Parker at Miami Lakes Educational Center can be proud of thier most recent accomplishments to the lives of their students and the auto body repair industry.
- First time one of their students has won the ASE MASTER COLLISION RERAIR TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE
- Seven students earned their ASE B2 PAINTING AND REFINISHING CERTIFICATION
- Two more students earned their ASE B3 NON-STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS & DAMAGE CERTIFICATION
- One High School student participated in the Skills USA and earned 1st Place in Regional, 1st Place in State and went on to participate in National Competitions
- Our students now are learning how to use and apply WATERBORNE PAINT as well as SOLVENT PAINT SYSTEMS
- Seven students out of thirteen graduated in the 2012-2013 school year and are now Working In The Industry
Northwestern High School
- Student attended UTI and graduated Jan 2013 with Ford FACT training now working in field at Gus Machado Ford
- Four students passed the Automotive Service of Excellence Student Certification (ASE) test for non structural repairs.
- Students are now working on completing bodywork and painting customers' cars.
- Student won the 2013 Skills-USA National Championship for Auto Refinishing in Kansas City, Mo.
- Have placed 5 students to work at various collision repair shops around Miami-Dade County.
- Will house the Skills-USA Regional Competition Feb. 4 & 5, 2014.
Carol City High School
Information being processed